- Run the program:
a) PC: Double-click the file ‘ddr.exe’ (NOTE: On some systems, it just shows ‘ddr’. That’s the executable to run)
b) Mac: Double-click the file ‘ddr.app’ (NOTE for Mac OS X 10.8 or higher: right-click the app, and choose ‘Open’)
- On the page ‘Choose media type’, choose the type of media you are trying to recover. This step is only to help the program to optimize the next steps.
- On the next page, choose the volume/disk you are trying to recover.
- On the next step, choose a recovery method. If one method does not work well, you can try other methods later. Experienced users can also enable/disable certain file systems for the scan, so that the scan will work faster.
- Finally, confirm your selected options to start the scan.
- Select the files (or complete folders) to recover and click on ‘Save’ to recover the selected files to another disk.